Sr Software Engineer
About this role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer for our development teams located in Gurgaon, India. This position will make an impact on the design of backend architecture for our applications, whilst working closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features - all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users.
What you’ll do:
- Your primary responsibility will be the development and maintenance of the backend part of the GetApp website codebase ensuring the highest quality experience for our users.
- Responsible for the timely development of well-defined, larger product features/changes, expected to use judgment & apply functional knowledge of methodology/best practices; Develop code documentation as a reference.
- Become an active participant in the technical design process, expected to contribute own ideas for changes/new features; Capable of owning independent small-to-medium features all the way through from technical design to launch.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Challenging projects: You will work on the main website, recommendation systems, virtual assistant and many more.
- Web technologies: Ruby is our language of choice, the stack is composed of MySQL, Solr, Redis, AWS (including Personalize), Google Cloud Services and others. We actively use Docker to power our infrastructure.
**What you’ll need:
- A passion for technology and development, a hunger to learn, a desire to meet challenges, a commitment to applying engineering best practices to produce top quality solutions.
- 4 years+ experience in Ruby.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools, best practices.
- MySQL and Apache Solr is a plus.
Who you are:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work cultures
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:46332
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.