Sr. Software Engineer- Java Fullstack or React
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner Digital Performance Benchmark team. The DPB team is responsible for developing customer facing web and mobile, data driven visualizations published on gartner.com. The team works on the latest and greatest in high performance web development, data science, community development and mobile technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Work with both inhouse and external resources on development.
- Collaborate closely with design, product, other stakeholders to develop new solutions.
- Identify and resolve web performance, usability and scalability issues.
- Ensure code integrity standards and code best practices.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to fluently code in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks.
- Proven experience with responsive design, fullstack web development, & consumption/creation of RESTful APIs.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assists in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of opportunities.
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Prior experience with Open source technologies and applications.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:48193
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.