Sr Software Engineer - Automation
Who you are:
Responsible for the hands-on implementation, integration, and management of the ITPM portfolio of tools, applicable automation, and assistance with design and strategy of the Enterprise monitoring practice.
What you ll do:
- Design, develop, Implement, support, and advance the portfolio and automation related to our ITPM portfolio.
- Enable rich and automated insights into the organization’s IT organizations innerworkings.
- Develop and operational an abstraction layer to interact with the ITPM tools.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of devops, and architects to understand complex application architectures in order to develop and implement an effective top-down observability strategy for holistic service visibility
- Assist in redesign and implementation of a progressive serviceability and response automation strategy that meets the evolving requirements in IT as we shift towards more modernized architectures, processes, and technologies
- Collaborate with NOC and Performance teams to support a cohesive and consistent visibility strategy and incident response process across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with serviceability tools and ensure high availability
- Contribute innovative solutions which incorporate and enhance automation with monitoring, alerting, and incident management. Build and design playbooks to improve efficiency where possible.
- Educate/mentor junior team members to grow their capabilities and skills.
What you ll need:
- Practical/hands-on scripting and automation experience with python, powershell, lambda, API integrations, puppet, Ansible, Terraform, SCCM, angular, nodejs, and/or AWS SSM
- In-depth experience installing, configuring, maintaining monitoring tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace, and/or Datadog
- Experience developing ad-hoc scripts and custom web applications to facilitate enrichment.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating system management and administration
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN technologies (clear understanding of basic network concepts / services), Unified Communications, multitier application architectures, and application runtimes
- Hands-on experience leveraging infrastructure on cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure is desired
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and modern architectural concepts such cloud, containers, micro-services, immutable infrastructure, infrastructure as code, etc.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and determination
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:36616
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.