Sr Principal, Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual curiosity. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and provide clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities and make a global impact. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Principal to join our global Peer and Practitioner Research team. This opportunity provides an exposure to the full range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Senior Principal will be responsible for leading or managing investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues faced by CEOs, general managers, product leaders and/or product marketers, in global Technology & Service Provider organizations. This individual will work on a wide range of written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods – interview CXOs at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights – to help organizations transform the way they operate. The Senior Principal must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Lead a research team through Gartner's proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct research by speaking with senior executives, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more researchers across the entire project life-cycle – from conception to completion and presentation.
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables to address critical executive needs.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives.
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Master's (Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, MBA etc.) or PhD degrees
- 7+ years of research and/or management consulting experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing research projects end-to-end
- At least 2 years of experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and an Employee Assistance Program. Are you ready to jump on board?
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:45908
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.