Sr Principal, Gartner Research & Advisory
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Principal to join our Peer & Practitioner team in the India Research COE. In this role, you will address cutting-edge issues facing today’s senior-most executives at leading, global corporations. You will need mastery over the English language, as you will be writing strategic advice for senior leaders across the world. Being part of this exciting team will provide you with opportunities to lead discussions with global CXOs, identify and creatively solve complex problems, design tools/frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights for use in various research deliverables.
- Lead discussions and conduct interviews with senior executives, academics and industry experts in search of innovative ideas.
- Evaluate, analyze, and structure the information for use in various research deliverables.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic), grounded in senior executives’ workflows.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverables – whitepapers, how-to guides, tools and best practice case studies– around a specific functional area.
- Present research findings verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences. Explain complex ideas in terms busy executives can quickly absorb and apply.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, and UK, as part of your research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master’s degree with 6+ years of research and/or management consulting experience.
- Graduates degree with 8+ years of research and/or management consulting experience.
Who you are:
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Outstanding written communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives,
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as you will be leading discussions with our global client base,
- Ability to read and listen to lots of information and then be able to question it, restructure it, and create original insights.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically-distributed teams.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with business executives and content experts.
- Skilled at working both independently and in a team environment.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Job Requisition ID:31501
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.