Sr. Manager - Graphic Design
Sr Production Design Manager
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
Gartner’s Corporate Marketing team is responsible for defining, promoting and protecting the Gartner brand. By creating compelling content and marketing programs, our goal is to engage internal and external audiences in our value proposition and corporate narrative in order to drive long-term, double-digit growth.
We are looking for an experienced, organized creative professional as a Manager with excellent aesthetic, project and resource management skills. The design manager role balances design, client communication and staff management responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Design/Creative Skills and Brand Guardian
- Art directs and reviews work of staff and coaches on ways to improve design
- Conducts design manager-level reviews to ensure consistency and accurate use of template and graphics aligned to brand standards
- Create and implement designs, both templated and non-templated, across media (print, digital, web, PowerPoint) aligned with brand guidelines and business partner objectives.
- Leverage templates and adapt them to fit the needs of various communications.
- Create new off-template assets when requested based on brand guidelines
- Be confident in making suggestions based on your expertise and be forthcoming with solutions to client/project needs.
- Support asset creation and maintenance including: photo sourcing, retouching and digital optimization; icon and illustration creation; template creation and maintenance.
- Collaborate with your teammates, designers, writers, editors, project managers and our operations team to deliver best-in-class creative in support of our business partner’s objectives.
- Welcome all feedback with the goal of continuous improvement. Leverage best practices and feedback to evolve and perfect your designs aligned with our brand strategy.
- Department and Project Management
- Be flexible with and open to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
- Creates and innovates existing processes to increase overall team efficiency and productivity.
- Analyzes weekly reports and guides staff with project forecasting to manage department resources and utilization.
- Ensures team adheres to quality control practices and processes.
- Defines and supports staff and department annual objectives.
- Proactively works to execute initiatives identified by department senior leadership.
- Works independently in a fast and changing environment.
- Is aware of the timeline, progress, and potential problems involved in all significant projects in team’s queue and ensures that this is reflected in database at all times.
- Understands department resources and thinks creatively to meet deadlines.
- Communicates clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Staff Management
- Oversees staff development and performance management through formal and informal coaching.
- Evaluates performance. Ability to teach others in a formal setting.
- Leads effective team meetings and brainstorming sessions, encouraging contribution from all and showing receptivity to new ideas.
- Delegates job responsibilities among team members.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. Transition easily between multiple projects and manage them and your time from start to finish.
- Release perfect files: flawless print-ready files or digitally optimized files.
What you’ll need:
- University degree in graphic design, digital design or similar major/concentration.
- 8 -12 years’ experience in graphic designer role, experience working in a corporate environment on a creative team is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years in management
- Portfolio of both digital and print design samples. You can speak to your role in the creation of each piece.
- Design skills including a meticulous eye for typography, color and layout. Experience using grids, style sheets, and ideally a pattern library. Comprehensive background in digital design principles including responsive design and a working understanding of HTML/CSS, (coding experience is not required.) Full command of print as a medium.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), knowledge of Adobe Premier and After Effects are a plus.
- Expert in Microsoft Office programs including Word and PowerPoint on a Mac platform.
- Experience with Sketch is a plus.
- Attention to detail, you meticulously check your own work and others.
- Must have strong written / verbal / interpersonal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills.
- You’ve research Gartner, you know what we do, offer and who our audience is and you can’t wait to dive in.
Who you are:
- Problem solver & proactive.
- Possesses excellent communication skills and experience of working with stakeholders across other geographies.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn mo
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:43324
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.