What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Sr Cloud database Administrator role will be part of DevOps team within Capterra Tech team. The role is responsible for defining an effective migration strategy for moving away from Oracle RDBMS to AWS Aurora (Postgres). Thereafter, providing database administration and Cloud support for Capterra applications. DevOps team is responsible for SLA of 99.99 for the production environment and is tasked with development of new infrastructure / features over AWS
What you’ll do:
- Design migration strategy to migrate from Oracle RDBMS to RDS/Aurora (Postgres)
- Perform core database administration activities such as database creation, performance tuning, monitoring,backups/restore/recovery, database cloning etc
- Maintain git repositories with UNIX shell scripts and Python
- Assist development team in day to day activities such as data model change push via github PRs to staging/production and SQL query tuning
- Maintain PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages.
- Perform system administration when required to assist the team
- Work with DevOps team to implement solutions that would improve the productivity
- Work with Cloud Architect team to provide support for Cloud/DevOps including Ec2 management, EKS, Jenkins.
- Maintain documentation on the wiki
**What you’ll need:
- BE in Computer Science, E&C or E&E
- 4-6 years Postgres administration experience
- 2 years of Experience in managing Aurora (Postgres) Database.
- 2 years of experience working on AWS
- Familiarity with core AWS services such as IAM, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch Logs/Metrics.
- Experience in migrating Oracle Database to RDS/Aurora (Postgres)
- Experience in PostgreSQL db activities such as Partitioning, Performance tuning, cloning, database security and access control
- Experienced in Aurora (PostgreSQL) database upgrades
- Knowledge of scripting language Unix and Python
- Excellent with SQL and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies DevOps area and work with the team to implement new solutions to improve productivity
Who you are:
- Certification in Postgres
- Associate level AWS certification.
- Experience in DevOps tools/technology such as Chef, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience working with Oracle RDBMS
What we offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.Job Requisition ID:47755
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.