What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
The ideal candidate has a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges. This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features--all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users. Familiarity with OS-specific APIs and demonstrated experience launching production-ready code is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Code. You'll spend your days writing new classes, solving interesting problems, thinking of clever algorithms and implementing solutions using techniques like web sockets and REST APIs.
- Write unit tests and test your code. We don t like bugs, and neither should you. We need your code to be reliable and reusable years for years to come.
- Learn new technologies. We're always trying new things and you should too. You ll be expected to keep getting better and learn new technical skills.
- Deliver products and tools that drive our business. The tools and features you ll work on will grow our company even faster, and help our teams and leaders do their jobs more efficiently.
- Who you are:
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented. You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
What you’ll need:
- A University Degree (preferably in Computer Science)
- 3+ years of professional working experience using the following:
- Relational Databases
- Ruby on Rails (much of our back end is built in Ruby, Nice to have)
- Elasticsearch (Nice to have)
- Oracle (Nice to have)
Who you are:
The ideal candidate has a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.
What we offer:
A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great perks.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38664
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.