Software Engineer - Fullstack
About the Role :
Full stack developer (Core Java, Webservices & Databases), Demonstrating understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems.
What you ll do:
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Interfaces with the business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements
- Contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews
- Provides daily operational support for production systems including providing on-call support
- Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Designs simple applications/integrations and presents design to application leads for review
- Demonstrates familiarity and strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages and tools for the application area.
- Demonstrates understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specifications, design, coding and testing of business applications systems
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing systems supported
- Tests, implements, documents, and maintains system components based on specifications. Also modifies, tests and troubleshoots existing tools and utilities.
- Understands the structure and basic processes of the IT organization, including the roles of IT colleagues and the information and/or resources they may require.
- Builds and maintains strong working knowledge of multiple business areas and the applications that support them
- Develops a basic understanding of the industry and the products and services of the company
- Understands the inter dependencies and interrelationship across the application architecture including applications not in their direct area of responsibility
- Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements/specifications
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas
- Successfully troubleshoots most application problems independently
- Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies
What you ll need:
- B.E./B.Tech, MCA or higher in computer science, Information System or Engineering.
- 2 - 5 years of Java full-stack developer with experience in designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting modules developed using Java/J2EE.
- SQL, PL/SQL Experience in relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL and Mysql.
- Knowledge of CRM & Corporate finance systems is a plus
- Knowledge on Python is a plus.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to team work as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Any advanced certification on databases is good to have (like OCM)
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:37418
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.