Software Engineer- Front End
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About the role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Front End Software Engineer for our Data Insights team located in Gurgaon, India.
This position works closely with our product owners, data scientist and engineers to build a compelling Data Insights web portal using REST API’s and eye-catching visualizations with React, Redux & JS charting libraries (D3.js,...) to provide valuable insights to our clients (vendors) about their prospective buyers.
What You Will do:
- Create a new web portal that provides data insights to our clients via reports, charts and bespoke visualizations
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations using the latest JS charting libraries
- Work collaboratively with peers and leads to design our front end architecture and set code standards for React + Redux development
- Gain product knowledge by successfully developing features for our applications
- Work in a small scrum team to design and build high quality customer-facing software
- Apply UI best practices to ensure a great user experience
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests using Karma, Jasmine & Selenium
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers and others
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4 years+ of relevant experience developing UI using React
- Design experience and the ability to create a UI using design best practices
- HTML5, CSS3, Node.js and LESS /SASS experience
- Ability and willingness to work onsite and offshore teams
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs and best practices for front end architectures
- Open to full stack development on Frontend, API and Infrastructure as code
Who you are:
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What We Offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
Job Requisition ID:33233
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.