Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
The Senior Systems Engineer is a role in DevOps team within the Capterra Techteam. The role is responsible for helping the team to achieve its SLA goal of 99.99% uptime for Capterra production infrastructure. The Capterra production infrastructure is a hybrid cloud with resources both in datacenters and public clouds. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for supporting development efforts into new cloud providers and technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining Linux infrastructure, application software, and system management tools
- Design, implement, and administer shared development, monitoring, CI/CD, DevOps, and collaboration tools
- Evaluate, prototype, and implement viable automation techniques and ensure they meet the practical requirements of supportability, functionality and security compliance
- Ensure development environments are rapidly available to support development efforts
- Lead the DevOps oriented development of systems, network and application performance monitoring/alerting frameworks
- Devise migration/deployment plans for current projects
- Capacity planning through evaluation of cloud compute, storage, network, application server and software.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
What you’ll need:
- BE/BTech degree in Computer Science, E&C, E&E or Mechanical.
- RHCE certification required
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new cloud services
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer/Administrator
- Strong experience in supporting production 24/7 Linux systems (RHEL)
- Troubleshooting system and network issues
- Network experience with TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, SSH, DNS
- Development experience with shell scripts (bash, python, ruby, php, etc)
- AWS core services such as EC2, ECS, EBS, RDS, S3, Route 53, Lambda, Direct Connect
- Automation experience using tools such as Ansible/Chef
- Tools such as terraform, git, jenkins, jira, capistrano, monitoring tools (New Relic, Datadog, PagerDuty)
- Agile methodology
- Strong familiarity with Oracle and MySQL databases
Nice to have:
- AWS Certifications
Who you are:
The role is responsible for helping the team to achieve its SLA goal of 99.99% uptime for Capterra production infrastructure. The Capterra production infrastructure is a hybrid cloud with resources both in datacenters and public clouds. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for supporting development efforts into new cloud providers and technologies.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, offers exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:40551
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.