Senior Engineer- UI
Senior Software Engineer- Front End, Gurgaon
About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Senior Front End Software Engineer for our Data Insights team located in Gurgaon, India.
This position works closely with our product owners, data scientist and engineers to build a compelling Data Insights web portal using REST API and eye-catching visualizations with React, Redux & JS charting libraries (D3.js,...) to provide valuable insights to our clients (vendors) about their prospective buyers.
What You Will Do
- Create a new web portal that provides data insights to our clients via reports, charts and bespoke visualizations.
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations using the latest JS charting libraries.
- Help design our front end architecture and set code standards for React + Redux JSX development.
- Gain product knowledge by successfully developing features for our applications.
- Work in a small scrum team to design and build high-quality customer-facing software.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, mentoring and ensure great user experience.
- Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests using Karma, Jasmine & Selenium.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, peers and others.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years+ of relevant experience developing UI using React.
- Design experience and the ability to create a UI using design best practices.
- HTML5, CSS3, Node.js and LESS /SASS experience.
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs and best practices for front end architectures.
- Ability and willingness to work onsite and offshore teams.
- Open to full-stack development on Frontend, API and Infrastructure as code.
Who You Are?
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for the successful delivery of solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies.
Who We Are?
- Action-Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candour with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement at Gartner
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:40753
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.