Senior Business Analyst - Software Applications
About this role:
This role is responsible for the maintenance, support, and operations of Gartner Consulting software applications. The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for diagnosing and resolving application issues to ensure optimal performance and usability for the various system users and providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements. He or she will also be accountable for performing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operations tasks required for the ongoing functionality of the software applications.
What you’ll do:
- Research, recommend, configure, and administer software configuration changes
- Analyze unique business processes and advise on most efficient configuration/changes
- Deploy system analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, managers, and executives to determine software and system functional specifications
- Understanding Functional Specifications (FS) documents and Business Blueprints
- Understand the administration and user side functionality within the supported software applications
- Perform routine operations tasks (i.e. Configuration changes, data entry, produce reports, etc.)
- Work with the various business departments to understand their needs for the software and any issues they are experiencing
- Work with IT organization to have application issues fixed, both short term and long term (root cause)
- Troubleshoot errors and application issues via the testing environment
- Responsible for the creation of software operations and support related documentation
What you’ll need:
- 5+ Years of total experience with minimum 2+years supporting software applications/CRM
- 4 Year University Degree / Post Graduation is a Plus
- CRM and/or Professional services automation software knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience of working with global teams across US and EMEA time zones
- Thorough analysis, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Meets or exceeds expectations on process turnaround for assigned tasks and follow ups, and issue resolution to closure
- Applies the identified job knowledge for the role to make disciplined decisions in a timely fashion
- Works under pressure, is able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Sound ethics and confidentiality with good customer service skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:42420
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.