Secondary Research Analyst - Competitive Intelligence
Competitive Intelligence Analyst
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Competitive Intelligence Analyst is responsible for primarily to research and track the market opportunity for Digital Markets and conduct internal data analysis to help drive our overall strategy. Help the Digital Markets leadership team make informed data driven decisions about growth strategy and our competitors
What you’ll do:
- Drive internal data analysis (e.g., segment growth rates) and create reports. Analyze results, interpret and communicate findings to the business.
- Delivers insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Apply competitive analysis tools (e.g., SWOT analysis) to highlight differentiation and identify strategic opportunities against several individual competitors.
- Implement systematic process to collect and analyze industry news, trends, earnings releases, and other related industry metrics (e.g., IT spend growth rates). Summarize findings and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders.
- Address data quality issues, such as data gaps or biases in underlying data sets, as well as their impact on reporting capabilities.
**What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of research/analytic work experience in high data volume environments (preferably in internet, software or technology industries).
- Highly proficient in English.
- Highly proficient with Web research.
- Medium Excel experience.
Who you are:
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency in using web analytics tools and data analysis, analyzing metrics
- Ability to do secondary research independently
- Effective collaboration style for both technical and business teams
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and develop consensus with teams not in a direct report alignment
- Demonstrated attention to detail
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:23933
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.