Sales Business Analyst
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Sales Business Analyst, Global Technology Sales
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. As a growth company, our people are an important part of our success. Bringing in the right people who are a fit within our unique environment is essential. Ours is a culture of mastery and apprenticeship, of lifelong learning, of making iterative changes, getting feedback and evolving. Our people have an ideal blend of innate curiosity, with the discipline to drive to outcomes and the humility to continually learn from the world around them.
About this role:
The Sales Business Analyst role is responsible for providing timely reporting and insight on the regional sales data and activities. Directly supporting a dedicated sales region and leadership team you will drive the development and implementation of our sales analytics and data strategy, whilst identifying trends and recommend solutions or processes to enable sales effectiveness. Our goal is to increase our analytical capabilities and drive actionable insight against our Sales business priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a strategic partner to our senior sales leaders whilst becoming an expert on the assigned regions performance, key metrics and top initiatives.
- Become a subject matter expert across our online tools, reports and dashboards. Providing training and support to ensure sales understanding and best practice adherence.
- Provide proactive, timely and actional analytics, with a focus on improving sales productivity highlighting trends and other key indicators across the sales region.
- Manage month and quarter end processes ensuing all business is transacted and accurate.
- Communicate sales processes, operational updates and best practices within the region, play an active role in Ops reviews & team meetings presenting key findings.
- Enhance our capability to analyze and make sense of large data sets, presenting findings in a visually appealing manner that tells a data driven story to drive decision making.
- Design, Develop and support various daily, weekly, monthly reporting. Driving best practice sharing across the SBA team and each sales region.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years of working experience, preferable working in data analytics and visualization, business intelligence, or analytical consulting.
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience and aptitude to work with different data sources with strong analytical skills and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with little direction, a self-starter.
Who you are:
- Comfortable to partner, influence and build a trust-based, value-added relationships with senior sales leaders
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A proactive thinker who thrives on using data to tell a story with actionable insights.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with advancement potential, Gartner Sales business analyst associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based bonus
- A Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:48323
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.