Research Specialist - Technology
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, but we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and self-driven people to take our well-regarded Consulting function to a whole new level. When you join Gartner, you will be a part of some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of a changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training, and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About this role:
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. The Research Specialist performs a critical analytical/knowledge component within Gartner Consulting’s Contract Optimization practice. Focus is on providing secondary research and data analytics supporting client engagements.
What you will do:
- Supporting and working alongside senior team members you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and presenting information and data from a variety of sources.
- Use analytical skills to process and understand large volumes of data and information to sort out what is relevant to the specific situation
- Produce high quality summaries (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) to present conclusions to internal and external clients
- Produce timely and accurate analysis often with tight deadlines
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base through maintaining and regularly updating repositories of data and intelligence
- Use lateral thinking to solve problems in which inconclusive evidence and assumptions exist
- Learn the basics of IT vendor licensing and pricing to work as part of a team on client engagements building workbooks and scenarios to support client engagements
- Collaborate with other teams and practices to enhance productivity and knowledge share
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree essential, Business or Finance Discipline
- 1 to 2 years of Experience in IT/Business/Consulting Environment Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good overall knowledge of the IT industry, products and leading vendors in the marketplace
- Strong work ethos both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills within a fast-paced environment
Who you are:
- Self-starter and a quick learner, demonstrates no-limits mindset
- Strong consultative skill and problem-solving ability and strong desire to win
- Passionate about technology and helping clients in the time of industry disruption led by technology evolution
- Leadership to drive great result through a team of talented but junior consultants, motivate and help them grow
- High performing team player with strong intercultural communication and collaboration
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clearly defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is head
quartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:41877
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.