What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
We are looking for a Proofreader to carry out final proof read checks across all research documents, prior to the publishing process.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for daily proofreading of assigned reports and research documents, whilst working within defined timelines.
• Recommend changes to edited materials directly in Microsoft Office files, using "track changes" and "comments" features, to ensure recommendations are captured for action.
• Highlight any formatting, style concerns with Editors to identify appropriate corrections, either in real time or by embedding comments.
• Identify incomplete or incorrect statistics and charts to ensure completion of quality documents
• Adhere to Gartner's style guide throughout the proofreading process e.g., verify Company spellings, product names, etc.)
• Provide feedback to the Global Editing team to help shape the development of policies, standards and procedures to encourage best practice.
• Advise and recommend quality controls to the Global Editing throughout the workflow process.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts
• Minimum of at least 2 years editorial experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines, or journals in the field of IT or communications technology
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing deadlines.
• Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others and provide sound recommendations.
• Numerate and visually literate.
• Ability to understand and quickly adapt to new processes, best practices and changes to style.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of the IT and telecommunications industries is helpful.
• Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style helpful
• Detail-oriented and organization skills
• Problem-solving mindset and willingness to take own initiatives while mitigating risks
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
Who you are:
• Exceptional attention to detail, capable of delivering error free content
• Strong communicator (verbal and written)
• Able to perform gracefully under pressure and provide guidance on inflexible and shifting deadlines
• Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
• Organized and multitasker
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with advancement potential, Gartner creative associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• Competitive base salary
• Bonus based on performance
• And staff friendly time off policies
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Job Requisition ID:36992
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.