Manager, Quality Assurance
About the role:
Lead the quality assurance processes for systems implementations including defining the validation approach, ensuring audit readiness, participating in vendor audits/evaluations and documenting validation results and requirements traceability
What you’ll do:
• Support project teams to provide assurance that requirements, design and other project deliverables meet standards as appropriate
• Lead test plan and test case development, reviews and approval..
• Design and develop automated/manual test scripts and database queries using requirements for functional, usability and backend testing.
• Estimate resource requirements for each test project and assign appropriate tester based on their skills and application/product knowledge.
• Deploy and manage the testing framework and managing testing resources. Typically support multiple projects within a domain.
• Develop and maintain a governance framework to ensure end products developed and implemented are in line with required standards.
• Analyze test metrics including testing results, test case coverage, and defect tracking to provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to project schedule.
• May help project teams identify risks and mitigation strategies.
• Assist with test design considerations for more complex projects that may involve multiple technical teams.
• Lead a team of testers, providing work direction, guidance and coaching.
• Conduct technical assessments of team and provides feedback on performance as necessary. Prepares and delivers reviews.
What you’ll need:
• Strong working knowledge of the testing process, designing test scenarios and test scripts, including of understanding of various software quality practices, with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts very quickly.
• An understanding of application development methods as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design and development/configuration.
• Experience in leading testing efforts on projects, estimating schedules, resources and dependencies.
• Experience in executing test cases, and in comparing results to requirements and specifications to ensure compliance with project objectives.
• Ability to develop a broad understanding of the environment at Gartner, to apply an understanding of the interoperability of systems and technologies to the testing/validation effort.
• Expertise to automate and execute test cases using testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Java).
• Experience in following Testing and CI tools (Eclipse, Jenkins, Groovy, Java, Selenium, GIT).
• Exposure to web technologies (HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc).
• Ability to understand and identify the key business processes within the project. Understand and discuss the interrelationship of businesses and technologies within the project
• Ability to develop complex test /validation plans for projects that may involve complex business processes, and multiple technologies and stakeholders.
• Ability to address uniquely complex quality issues with many unknowns, and large risk to the organization / business.
• Ability to recommend the acquisition/development of a new testing tool or technique, and identify opportunities for automation of testing processes.
• Participation in system implementation planning and technical design, contribute to insights and ideas.
• Follow established and relevant SOPs and methodologies in performing their work; provides feedback to management on changing methodologies/standard operating procedures, as appropriate.
• Use tools and methodologies independently with limited direction.
• Leadership experience in managing Financial IT Systems, such as ERP, Hyperion, Concur etc
• Experience in working with stakeholders in Finance, Tax, Procurement, Accounting and Treasury
• Hands on experience using Microsoft product set including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Access
• Typical candidates will possess 8+ years of relevant experience and BA/BS or equivalent experience.
o Degree in Computer Science or related fields is desired.
o Certification(s) around QA and/or process governance will be beneficial.
o Prior experience as QA Lead in a related area of work is strongly preferred.
Who you are:
• Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
• A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
• Attentive to details and well organized.
• Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
• Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
• Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
• Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
• Exposure to industry leading training and development
• Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36113
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.