About this role:
The Contract Manager is responsible for review and negotiation of Sales agreements; includes interface with Gartner’s Sales organization, Legal organization, Finance organization and operating business units to ensure compliance with not only country-level legal requirements, but also internal policies and legal standards.
What you’ll do:
- Support Sales teams in reviewing Client negotiations, Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other forms of solicitations for Gartner services; preparing, communicating and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within Corporate guidelines, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Review and negotiate, as needed, Sales Contracts, Purchase Orders, Variations, etc.
- Manage Gartner’s contracts and contractual relationships within assigned territory.
- Understand and communicate contractual requirements to internal stakeholders, including data capture of negotiated clauses.
- Work with Gartner’s Legal team on negotiations and strategies for non-standard terms and finalizing agreements and RFPs.
- Conduct “issue-specific” and “new hire” training for Sales/ Events/Client Financial Services, as applicable.
- Answer inquiries from and propose problem resolution for Gartner’s internal Client Financial Services for booking and Accounts Receivables issues.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with discipline in law/ business management or similar.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience negotiating contracts with client legal & procurements departments.
- Expertise in contract drafting and negotiation; excellent communication skills developed in a sales driven environment.
- Client and/or vendor negotiation experience. Client-facing experience.
- Effectively communicate, liaise with c-level executives while addressing difficult compliance concerns.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong understanding of contracts.
- Effective Public Speaking skills.
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective training programs to drive awareness of program.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and adaptability for the role, while displaying a sense of urgency to the business.
- Gartner Core Values: Integrity, Objectivity, Results, and Collaboration.
Who you are:
- Trustworthy, motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate with business units this individual will support.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner UK Ltd., which is operating as shared HR service provider for the EMEA entities of the Gartner group. Your application will be shared by Gartner UK Ltd. with those persons within the Gartner group which decide about the steps of your application.
Job Requisition ID:34960
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.