Lead Software Engineer
About this role:
Gartner is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. This person will be a part of team developing and supporting Gartner ‘s Email Platform. This position will provide an opportunity to work on several different technologies focusing on micro services in Java, Spring, AWS . This includes supporting the current Email Applications and building new ones to increase the client engagement and to enhance the Email architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Architectural design of large scale, modern distributed applications and thought leadership
- This position requires strong technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Peer technical review including design, code review and testing.
- Understand, suggest and choose from possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Demonstrate strong understand of Open Source technologies, framework, tools and trends.
What you’ll need:
- University degree in Bachelor of Engineering or a Master s degree in CS with 9-12 years of experience in software development, of which 2-3 years must have been in a lead capacity.
- Experience with micro services architectures
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with internal Search engines (Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Experience with different databases technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Graph, Document, Key-Value, Time Series, etc.). This should include building and managing scalable data models.
- Experience with front end web frameworks like React and Angular.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS)
- Experience in developing and consuming web services
- Experience using automated build systems (CI/CD)
- Experience with BI &Analytics tools like Power BI, Kibana or Grafana
- Experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop, EMR, Spark
- Experience with version control tools (Git, Subversion)
- Strong knowledge of integration technologies (REST, JSON, XML, HTTP, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience innovating with technology
- Ability to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Ability to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule
- Ability to identify system operational issues and resolve them
Who you are:
- Someone who has significant experience in working directly with Business users in problem solving
- Able to lead and execute a mix of small/medium sized projects simultaneously
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to pick up Gartner domain knowledge quickly
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:46676
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.