Lead Software Engineer
About this role:
Software Development position responsible for design, implementation, and support of Apttus application to standardize Sales (Order to cash) process as part of finance modernization strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Understand the requirements and provide one or more options for the solution, utilizing Salesforce & Apttus best practices.
- Should have worked in Agile Project execution environment.
- Perform hands-on solution design, proof-of-concepts and development and testing tasks as required in support of the implementation activities
- Guide technical team to deliver a flexible and scalable solution that meets overall customer business requirements
- Work with cross functional team actively in solution design and implementation
- Share knowledge to proactively identify and prevent issues
- Manage critical customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Perform technical solution reviews and provide recommendations to improve adoption and usage
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 8 to 10 years of experience as a team member of successful software project implementations related to Salesforce, Apttus CPQ.
- At least 8 Years of Salesforce Configuration and Development experience.
- 4+ Years of Apttus CPQ experience.
- Prior experience solutioning and implementing Apttus.
- Must have prior experience managing 2 or more direct reports.
- Must have coding experience with APEX, Visualforce, Lightening Components, Apttus CPQ, Data Loader, Salesforce reports & Dashboards.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with different system using Webservices (REST or SOAP) or middleware.
- Prior experience with Apttus CLM, Java or .NET technologies is a plus.
- Good understanding about the deployment techniques and change management.
- Good understanding of Apttus Data Model and OOB integrations (apis) provided by Apttus CPQ (Product, Catalog, Pricing, Proposal, Cart Grid, Templates, X-Author).
- Strong Team Player, Critical Thinker, Analytical, and strong Problem-solving skills are required
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certification in Apttus CPQ (201) is required.
- Certification in Apttus CPQ (202) is good to have.
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:42043
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.