Lead Software Engineer
About this role:
We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Lead Software Engineer for our Vendor Portal team located in Arlington, VA. This position works closely with our product owners and development team to build an intuitive self service vendor portal for our clients (software vendors) using Ruby on Rails based REST APIs, React UI and Oracle RDBMS for product listing, bidding, reporting functions and other vendor functions supported.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the delivery of high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as databases, large scale data processing and API
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews
- Mentor and lead development team members to continuously improve quality and productivity to achieve business results
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using Ruby on Rails, React, RDBMS and others
- Engage with the business in requirements analysis, leading to high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria
- Partner with the business stakeholders, peers, IT groups and communicate effectively
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in one or more technology areas
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for testing business ideas
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition; develop dataset process for data modeling, mining, and production
- Recommend ways to improve reliability, maintenance, efficiency, and quality
- Help create infrastructure as code in AWS (Terraform) and build CI-CD pipelines to deploy
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of relevant experience of which at least 2 years needs to be in a lead capacity managing small teams and influencing application architectures
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Strong understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Must have full stack experience using Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, React and Relational Databases.
- Ability and willingness to work onsite and offshore teams
- Should have built and used a REST API
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience with Serverless Framework is a plus
- Experience with AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform is a plus
- Background building container using docker and deploying using kubernetes is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Who you are:
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great perks.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38692
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.