Lead Software Engineer(React, JS)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Lead Software Engineer, Gurgaon
About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Lead Software Engineer for our Vendor Portal team located in Arlington, VA. This position works closely with our product owners and development team to build an intuitive self-service vendor portal for our clients (software vendors) using Ruby on Rail based REST APIs, React UI and Oracle RDBMS for product listing, bidding, reporting functions and other vendor functions supported.
What You Will Do
- Lead the delivery of high quality, innovative, flexible, and scalable technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as databases, large scale data processing and API.
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews.
- Mentor and lead development team members to continuously improve quality and productivity to achieve business results.
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using Ruby on Rails, React, RDBMS and others.
- Engage with the business in requirements analysis, leading to high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Partner with the business stakeholders, peers, IT groups and communicate effectively
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in one or more technology areas.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for testing business ideas.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition; develop dataset process for data modelling, mining, and production.
- Recommend ways to improve reliability, maintenance, efficiency, and quality.
- Help create infrastructure as code in AWS (Terraform) and build CI-CD pipelines to deploy.
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What You Will Need
- 8+ years of relevant experience of which at least 2 years needs to be in a lead capacity managing small teams and influencing application architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Strong understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Must have full stack experience using Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, React and Relational Databases.
- Ability and willingness to work onsite and offshore teams.
- Should have built and used a REST API.
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with Serverless Framework is a plus.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform is a plus.
- Background building container using docker and deploying using Kubernetes is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Who You Are?
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/test/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for the successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
Who We Are?
- Action-Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candour with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement at Gartner
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:38627
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.