Lead software Engineer- Java Fullstack or React
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Gartner is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. This person will be a part of the team developing and supporting Gartner ‘s Digital Performance Benchmarks (DPB) product. This position will provide an opportunity to work on several different technologies focusing on big data processing, AWS, Snowflake, React.js/node.js. This includes supporting the current DPB data pipelines and building new ones to increase the client engagement and to enhance the product architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Architectural design of large scale, modern data processing pipelines and services
- Thought leadership on strategy, execution, and best practices of modern software development.
- Individually contribute to development of critical components, solve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Lead a team of engineers, facilitate technical design reviews, code reviews and testing.
What you’ll need:
- University degree in Bachelor of Engineering or a Master's degree in CS with 10+ years of experience in software development, of which 2-3 years must have been in a lead capacity.
- Significant experience with AWS services such as S3, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions.
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker, Vault, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience developing and consuming web services, RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience with ETL / data transformations is a plus.
- Previous work with DBT (https://www.getdbt.com/) a plus.
- Experience with BI & Analytics tools like Tableau, Power BI, Kibana or Grafana
- Experience with Big Data tools like Snowflake, Hadoop, EMR, Spark
- Experience with Continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Terraform.
- Ability to take vague requirements and transform them into deliverables
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Owner mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact well with both internal associates and external clients in resolving operational issues.
- Ability to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule
- Ability to identify system operational issues and resolve them
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:48194
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.