Lead Software Engineer - JAVA, Cloud AWS
About the Role:
Gartner is looking for well-rounded Lead Software Engineer to join the Gartner Media Portal team. The Media Portal Engineering team is responsible for developing a scalable and secure platform for interaction of IT companies with Gartner. The team works on advanced tools and techniques for high performance web development, data analytics and system integration.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in and lead architectural discussions with a group of senior architects
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Prepare and provide adequate (quality and quantity) documentation for work products
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, product operations, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Write and maintain code following best practices for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems.
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including design diagrams.
- Participate in solution discussions to ensure systems are designed for successful deployment, security, and availability in the cloud.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Ensure all solutions are properly tested.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 8+ years of Strong experience in Spring Boot or Spring Cloud framework.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as RDS, S3, Lambda;
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes preferable);
- Expert in REST web services or micro services implementation;
- Strong in writing and optimizing SQL queries;
- Experience using git and Jenkins;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong team player.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques, strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to team work as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Any advanced certification on databases is good to have (like OCM)
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:41888
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.