Jr Art Director
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this Role
The Junior Art Director is responsible for seeing the broader picture and communicating it effectively with internal team and selected stakeholders. The Junior Art Director will work closely with the Associate Art Director to provide feedback and direction to the creative team based on their strong understanding of design principles, brand guidelines, and the Research & Advisory products and service offerings. Through a creative review process, designers will share creative solutions for high-profile projects; the Junior Art Director will help to guide them to ensure information is presented effectively. The Junior Art Director is also responsible for the initial conceptualization and implementation of design solutions from concept to completion for the most important, highest-profile projects across the organization in partnership with the Associate Art Director.
What You’ll Do
- Graphic design and ownership of creative, non-standard projects.
- Supports designers with design or brand-related questions
- Reviews design projects across the team
- Shares facilitation responsibility of critique sessions with other Junior Art Directors.
- Supports creative-focused initiatives and projects
- Provides guidance and advice to designers on how to best translate visual/verbal concepts and creative strategy into research
- Champions the brand visual identity and research graphic standards, ensuring guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
- Recommends design, layout, typography and visual ideas for all aspects of the project.
- Participates in client meetings and creates design assets
- Ensures collaboration, knowledge sharing, and best practices are applied consistently on all projects
- Shares news, direction and feedback from Art Direction team and/or regarding brand visual identity
- Creates/supports an open, collaborative environment for the sharing of techniques, ideas, and design best practices
- Assesses the need for department trainings in functional expertise and partners with Art Director, Resource team, and leadership to create, deploy, and ensure effectiveness of the trainings
- Helps to improve team consultation skills
- Reviews design projects for quality and accuracy
- Approves selected artwork, design, graphics, and photography
What You’ll Need
- College degree in a graphic design or closely-related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a design role (at least 3 years in a senior graphic design role)
- Strong Portfolio showcasing visual design and conceptual thinking
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated understanding AP standard proofreading marks
Who You Are
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative design skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible and shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Must exhibit teamwork with internal clients and other members of the creative team, take direction yet make decisions independently
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Employee Provident Fund (EPF) contributions, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.