Help Desk Technical Support Specialist
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role
Responsible for providing phone and chat based technical support for all Gartner applications and systems by identifying issue(s), determining and executing appropriate resolution or escalation, and communicating that resolution or escalation to the associate.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a first point of contact for phone calls, chat and emails from internal associates regarding IT & REWP issues and queries
- Log all phone calls, chats and email in our call logging tool, updating with relevant information and escalate as necessary within SLA's and to Gartner standard
- Maintain accurate up-to-date status on all tickets
- Ensure that all associates have been properly communicated before closing a ticket request
- Provide first line troubleshooting and resolutions upon initial contact, using our internal knowledge base & various tools
- Assist associates with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Assist with mobile device issues (Apple, Android, Windows Phone – any others)
- Perform basic hardware troubleshooting remotely.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation knowledgebase for desktop hardware and software applications.
- Meet or exceed all Helpdesk metrics and process requirements (ticket management protocols, time tracking, communication requirements, etc.)
- Treat all customers with courtesy and professionalism
- Liaise with IT colleagues within Identity and Assess Management, Technical Support Specialists, Security, and other business units as required
What you’’ll need:
- Degree in Bachelor of Science/ Technology.
- Good communicator, able to clearly and correctly express complex technical concepts in English, both verbally and in writing to support a Global organization.
- Experience using help desk call logging system.
- Experience with standard Microsoft products and platforms.
- Understands basic networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working in 24 X 7 X 365 in a rotational shift environment
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business need (standard is 40-hour /week, ex break time with occasional overtime requirements)
Impact of Role: Expected Results:
- Provides good assistance to all Gartner associates, within defined SLA’s
- Internal client satisfaction feedback is consistently good - high
- All tickets/request/calls/chats are correctly logged, assigned, communicated, and updated with relevant information and escalated as necessary within SLA's and to Gartner standards
- All Outages are logged, dealt with, escalated and communicated appropriately and in a timely manor
- Accurate technical knowledgebase, documentation, policies, and processes are maintained to a high level
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Based in Gurgaon office with café facility and transportation provided
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:37021
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.