Director - Professional Development & Resourcing
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven people to take our world-renowned Gartner Consulting to a whole new level. When you join Gartner you will be a part of some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of a changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About this role:
You would be part of the global consulting delivery team of Gartner Consulting advising IT and business leaders on cost optimization, develop comparative insights and create new capabilities and market opportunities for some of our large customers across North America, EMEA and Japan regions.
As a Professional Development & Resourcing Professional, your role is to provide leadership on Staffing Consulting Engagements for Associates with a Sub Region made up of Several individual Office locations, as well as professional development, Performance Evaluation, recruitment Activities and integrating Consultants into the newly created Sub Region Operating model. You must serve as integral member of the local leadership team in ensuring the investment being made in professional development and Resourcing is being optimized in a way that delivers maximum value to clients & associate Engagements.
What you’ll do:
You will be managing full range of staffing and professional development activities for consulting associates in a Sub Region (hub office) in partnership with the Sub Region Lead, Sub Region Partnership Committee, Human Resources and People Development. You will develop professional relationships with consultants including in-depth understanding of professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances. Build strong, trust-based relationships with partners ensuring they share key information. Monitor consultants’ development and provide counsel on appropriate assignments, skill development, career progression, as well as ensuring follow-through on critical team processes. A Partner with HR in managing consultant performance review and evaluation processes, upward feedback systems, promotions and Partner committee processes. You will ensure consultants receive timely and appropriate training by defining overall training agenda for the cohort. Identify and coordinate firm and practice trainings to meet specific consultant development needs in balance with client priorities.
Oversee and manage staffing needs of Consulting Delivery Associates within Sub-Region.
- Support Region Lead and Sub-Region Lead in creating an unrivaled environment for associates to grow and develop their careers; invest in professional development
- Partner with Region Lead and Sub-Region Lead to drive and champion a culture of performance; reward top performers, focus on talent upgrades
- Coordinate with Sub-Region leadership team to understand staffing needs, including nature of assignment, staffing requirements, and oversee staffing of teams to projects based on understanding of client, office and individual needs.
- Work with leadership team to ensure staffing decisions best optimize trade-off between client service, utilization and retention.
- Work with Central Function/Ops Position to ensure current capacity at the Consultant level is up to date and accurate.
Consultant Professional Development:
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Consultants to provide guidance and mentoring on career management. Regularly meet with each Consultant to discuss their career development, goals, objectives, and interests. Makes tradeoffs between client needs, office utilization and individual needs.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned in the Sub-Region Team or as responsibilities dictate.
- Monitor engagement team assignments to ensure Consultants have a variety of consulting projects and diverse experiences.
- Manage professional development of Consulting staff. Review all engagement end and consensus reviews to ensure quality feedback and clear messaging. Determine appropriate ratings for individuals or help consensus reviewers settle on appropriate ratings for individuals in assigned cohort.
- Hold regular hub office meetings and training; invite relevant parties to ensure Consulting staff are provided relevant content as pertains to their careers (e.g. cross-Industry, cross-Solution knowledge management, skill/competency capabilities).
- Partner with HR on performance management, employee relations and other issues related to employment law, risk and policy matters.
- Coordinate with HR on transfer process and leaves of absence for Consultants.
- Lead recruitment and interview process for entry-level hiring initiatives.
- Participate in the development and recommendation operating policy and procedural improvements for consulting staff.
What you’ll need:
- 8 – 10 years professional experience is required, 2 years progressive experience in management required, preferably in a consulting role.
- Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to others.
- Proven experience in managing and developing staff from different organizations and with diversified levels, skills and backgrounds.
- Strong customer service, meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Ability to influence at senior level of management
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint is required
- Must be able to work in dynamic environment with challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
Who you are:
- A team player with outstanding collaborative skills, and a self-starter with no-limits mindset and leadership quality
- A go-getter who tackles business and technical challenges head on, with a consulting inclination
- Someone who values new environments, and is sensitive to intercultural aspects while working in an international setting
What does Gartner Consulting offer?
- Exposure in a global consulting firm, and one of the best learning organization with strong research foundation.
- Opportunities to be always on the cutting edge of technology innovations and working alongside very experienced consultants and best of minds in the industry
- Opportunities to be part of a growth company and help shaping the future growth of Gartner Consulting in India
- Opportunities for vertical and horizontal professional growth within a well-defined career progression path.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment that encourages personal development, learning, collaboration and mentoring.
- A competitive salary and structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visitgartner.com to discover more.
Job Requisition ID:28173
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.