Director, Advanced Analytics
Director – Advanced Analytics (Algorithms and Data Insights):
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development – as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the Role:
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic individual to lead a key data analytics team for Gartner’s Algorithms and Data Insights Group, a fast-growing data science organization. Our mission is to drive increasing business impact through data analytics and data science practices.
We are looking for a product leader to lead a group of data analysts and data scientists and partner with product managers, engineering team to build advanced analytics platforms, answer strategic questions, discover insights and drive business and production actions.
Your ability to apply Lean Product Principles to the data analytics and data science process will both ensure high ROI and fast iteration of the solution. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting. This becomes especially relevant as you lead others to develop the product opportunities we uncover. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and an anchoring on the client experience and business problems will help you navigate the decisions needed to build great products and deliver strong business results.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineer or relevant discipline
- 8+ years of experience in commercial product management, data analytics or data science.
- Enjoy solving complex business problems by leveraging large volume of data
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Working experience in one or few of the following data analytics domains:
- Data analytics with multi-dimensional data
- Machine Learning and Predictive modeling
- Text mining and Natural Language Processing
- Proficient in data analytics platform or tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and R
- Strong programing skill in Python is desired. You will not need to write code, but will supervise and guide your team
- Strong working knowledge of Lean product principles, Software development lifecycle, IT and data science/machine learning topics
- Extensive experience in gathering from and communicating ideas to, clients and senior stakeholders across businesses
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone
- Bias for action and completion.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:37011
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.