Digital Publishing Associate - Proofreader
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Digital Publishing Associate
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About This Role:
The Digital Publishing Associate supports the Gartner Digital Markets Content team by ensuring all published content is free of errors and correctly formatted according to Gartner Digital Markets content-quality standards and visual brand guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Proofread and copy edit all content before publishing to ensure it is free of spelling and grammatical errors, follows proper style, and aligns with brand guidelines and quality standards.
- Format, upload, and publish content on multiple blog publications (WordPress, Contentful)—and other channels as necessary—in a timely manner to ensure a steady cadence for readers.
- Ensure content follows established brand, style, and editorial guidelines.
- Proactively seek and suggest ways to improve content publishing processes.
- Assist in the survey process by coding logic in online survey tools, e.g., QuestionPro.
- Support search engine optimization (SEO) efforts by making regular updates to existing content as requested by the SEO team.
- Additional publishing tasks as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of experience publishing content to the web on a content management system (CMS), e.g., WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal.
- Experience writing, editing, and/or proofing digital content preferred.
- Exceptional copy editing and proofreading skills. Proficiency in AP Style.
- A solid understanding of content design and layout.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Strong HTML skills and a basic understanding of CSS principles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentations).
- Prior experience in the corporate/software environment and/or with a content marketing organization a plus.
- Graduate in Journalism/English
Who you are:
- You care deeply about content quality and consistency, and you have an incredibly keen eye for detail.
- You are an organization and prioritization master. You can manage multiple projects at once and get everything done on time, without anything falling through the cracks.
- You love to learn, and you’re constantly adding new skills to your arsenal.
- You’re an expert communicator. You’re not afraid to ask questions to figure out who the right point person is, and you’re proactive about providing updates on tasks and projects to keep all key stakeholders informed.
- You’re a team player. You’re always willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever and whenever you can to keep the content publishing process humming smoothly.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:47447
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.