What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer for our Systems Engineering teams located in Gurgaon, India. The Systems Engineer will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production infrastructure. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast-paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can-do attitude
What you’ll do:
- Implement best practices for software build, deployment and maintenance.
- Work with our infrastructure organization on environment setup, automation, and streamlining the stand up and scaleout of infrastructure.
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- Research various infrastructure and solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Administration of AWS resources including provisioning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Manage Kubernetes cluster and continuously improve the deployment process of our applications.
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOp execution strategy for different projects.
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the IT infrastructure work and expertise on AWS platforms.
- Expertise in AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, Networking, and Database concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Experience with scripting with Bash, etc.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
Who you are:
The role will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production infrastructure.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, offers exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:44170
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.