Database Architect - BI
About this role:
The Data Architect will focus on mid-size to large projects employing a working knowledge of SDLC, SCRUM, and Agile methodologies. The Data Architect is a hands-on role that is expected to lead and contribute in a variety of deliverables, working in concert with project management leadership, IT Business Partners and Stakeholders. Additionally, the Data Architect will play a key role in requirements gathering, project documentation, application design tasks and the translation of requirements for project teams both foreign and domestic. Further, the Data Architect will be required to support the platform and related sub-systems and components and maintain prescribed standards throughout the project lifecycle. The Data Architect reports to the Business Intelligence Director in Corporate IT.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of data driven solutions and other analytical tools, to satisfy company's business intelligence needs.
- Understand current-state data schema and data model and contribute to define future-state data schema
- Define data normalization and schema integration as required by the project
- Develop & document the logical/physical data models for the project
- Document meta-data, data lineage and data dictionaries across the data stores
- Develop and document data flow diagrams, schema and data mapping/cross-walks across the data stores
- Develop data mapping, data quality and data validation specifications & standards and data cleansing/data scrubbing techniques adhered to consistently
- Define conceptual, physical and logical data models (3NF) using various Data modeling tools like Erwin, MS Visio, Power Designer.
- Define technical metadata and conduct data model reviews with project team members.
- Experience in Metadata Management (Data Mapping/Lineage) and Reference Data Management.
- Experience in working with Data Stewards, Data Managers, Data Owners, Business & IT Application SMEs
- Interact/collaborate with members of the business/IT community to understand future business requirements and strategies and document reporting requirements
- Experience in gathering Business/Data Requirements, Business Process Modeling, Functional Specifications, Gap Analysis, Process/Data Flow Diagrams
- Review/analyze test case results to ensure functionality meets documented specifications
- Assist in the execution/analysis of integration, user acceptance, and performance testing
- Maintain prescribed processes and accepted templates/methods of documentation for all allocated projects
- Excellent technical, organizational and planning skills, excellent communication, and problem solving skills
- Participate in the identification and documentation of “as is” and “to be” products within the project lifecycle
What you’ll need:
- Overall 10+ years of progressive IT development experience with at least 4 years as a lead with focus on data management/architecture & design
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts (Kimball methodology for developing dimensional data models)
- 1+ years of Experience with Power BI (preferred) or 4+ years of development experience using a comparable BI application
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability to develop/enhance/maintain complex databases
- Experience developing visualizations, dashboards & reports
- Experience with Oracle 12 or higher, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher versions & Postgres
- Experience with MS SSIS/Informatica PL/SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Experience with debugging reports/ SQL code.
- Experience with change management, software application testing and troubleshooting coordination, routine maintenance, and data management.
- Project experience in a cloud-based environment (AWS/Azure)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical/engineering discipline.
- MS Office Applications
- Hands on experience with schema design and definition in a data warehouse environment
- Hands on experience with ETL routines for Extraction, Transformation and Loading
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Reporting platforms preferred by not required
- Proficiency in Database SQL query development and data analysis
- Building and maintaining complex SQL queries for data analysis, data extract & automation
Who you are:
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore development teams
- Very good listening and interpretation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to multiple projects concurrently with members of the client community as well as IT staff
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Self-starter with great attention to detail and follow through
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Proven analytical skills with ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Working knowledge in cloud-based platforms like Amazon AWS / MS Azure
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:33733
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.