What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
DBA/Database Engineer will provide technical expertise in designing, managing and administering Databases in Cloud (AWS & Azure) to meet the shifting organizational demands. You will engage in modernization activities to migrate application databases to open source and cloud and will be part of automation efforts to enhance provisioning and operations of all types of datastores.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure 24x7 availability for critical database systems hosted on premise and on multiple clouds;
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and enforcement of effective industry standard processes and policies within our QA, DEV and Production environments.
- Involved in the design process with DBA, Apps Dev, and other technical teams to implement solutions.
- Liaise with managers and staff of AppsDev to ensure consistent application of the tactical and strategic directions of Gartner.
- Meeting and exceeding SLA's/OLA's. Prepared for advancing technology.
- Support the tactical and strategic directions for Gartner's database infrastructure.
- Provide status reports to the higher management.
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for problem resolution.
- Effective patch management and upgrade management.
- Works closely with other Cloud and Data Center Management staff to ensure departmental consistency.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ experience in Database Operations with a bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred).
- Authoritative knowledge of database platforms (i.e. Oracle, My SQL, Postgres, AWS Aurora) to support high volume OLTP systems.
- Experience in building and managing Databases in AWS, AWS RDS & Azure.
- Hands-on on cloud platform i.e. AWS and Azure.
- Understanding and ability to work with IaC, CI/CD Pipelines, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Aws Lambda, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible etc.
- Working experience on oracle RAC.
- Skilled in scripting languages such as shell, python.
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability.
- Commitment to teamwork as a contributor.
- Ability to envision and create automation for provisioning and administration tasks.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:48690
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.