What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Data Specialist role will be responsible for developing and maintaining reports using various technologies. Focus will be both strategic and tactical reports that assist in running the Consulting business.
What you’ll do:
- Assume ownership of legacy reporting processes, rationalize discrepancies and provide cross coverage.
- Develop a strong understanding of Consulting’s data and how it can be leveraged in reports.
- Develop a proficiency in the retrieval and manipulation of data from spreadsheets, a data warehouse or database environment.
- Design, develop and test enhancements to existing or new reports.
- Provide reports used for weekly, monthly or annual analysis to business leaders.
- Effectively communicate opportunities, challenges and resolutions.
- Support the reporting and dashboard needs of the Consulting organization
- The primary focus is to drive global consistency in our reporting through the development of
- 1) A set of reports that clearly communicate the health of our business through key metrics.
- 2) A team dedicated to creating and delivering those reports and dashboards to our associates
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with all team members to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Work with Consulting Global Operations team to ensure reporting needs are well understood.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of business experience with 2+ years of experience in the BI space
- Ability to work well both independently and on a team in a deadline driven environment
- Intermediate Excel skills, Intermediate Microsoft Access skills, intermediate SQL skills, hands on experience with one or more BI platforms (a strong preference towards Oracle BI tools), Experience with data visualization a plus
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Detail-oriented with an unwavering commitment to pursue relevant and accurate data
- Results-oriented -- ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered and meeting deadlines
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to discover more.
Job Requisition ID:30488
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.