About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join our fast-growing Data Science team and work with a group of data scientists and data engineers to drive significant business impact. Our team focuses on driving client engagement. Engaging clients with the right piece of advice is core to our economics, and data science is one of the most impactful and scalable levers to drive this engagement.
We are looking for a data scientists to work with a team of product managers, business analysts, and engineers to build and launch recommendation and search algorithms. This will involve applying Natrual Language Processing to synthesize client search queries and offer relevant content, using machine learning to provide personalized material through recommendation and email, and applying statistical tools to measure the impact and robustness of new and existing algorithms. There is also an opportunity to work on a variety of other problems across different business units, such as understanding client retention drivers, leveraging NLP models on external information to understand client needs, optimizing sales territories through predictive modeling, collaborating with HR on people analytics and more.
Qualitative and quantitative research is required in order to create valuable user experiences, and having great people skills is crucial. Your ability iterate quickly in the data science process will both ensure proper ROI and fast iteration of the solution. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and an anchoring on the client experience and business problems will help you navigate the decisions needed to develop impactful algorithms and deliver strong business results.
The ideal candidate will have
- 1-3 years hands-on experience building predictive models, recommendation systems, or NLP/text mining tools.
- Familiar with the foundational approaches to the major data science disciplines, such as data preparation, advanced statistics, machine learning, simulation, and natural language processing
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Connections to the recommendations and / or information retrieval academic community
- Experience and proficiency with various programming languages (e.g., Python), machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databass (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), Linux and shell scripting
- Masters in a quantitative research field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.). PhD preferred.
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone
- Bias for action and completion
Job Requisition ID:28352
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy