What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Data Engineer for Data Insights team located in Gurugram, India. Data Engineer will be responsible for our data platform utilizing next generation big data technologies. You will be responsible for the execution of our data strategy through design and development of the Data platform using but not limited to AWS technologies, Airflow and Snowflake to deliver Reporting, BI and Analytics solutions. You will be working closely with business and technical stakeholders to aggregate data, analyze/transform data and report insights.
What you’ll do:
- Key responsibility is to design and develop data platform including the architecture, prototyping and development of data extract, transformation, cleansing and integration of structured and unstructured data
- Transform raw data into useful information and insights utilizing Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools
- Provide technical expertise to design efficient solutions to consolidate data from RDBMS (Oracle\MySQL\PostgreSQL\SQL Server), Enterprise Applications and 3rd party API through ELT processes
- Develop optimal design of data warehouse environments, analyzing complex distributed data deployments and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Design and develop database and application interfaces between various internal and external systems to efficiently and effective capture and integrate data
- Organize, optimize and debug data-driven reporting, BI and analytics applications
- Document & maintain data dictionary for data from various sources to enable data democratization
- Work with business stakeholders to support their data needs and technical teams to replicate from their data sources.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 2-4 years hands-on experience with data architecture, design and development of big data solutions
- Programming experience using Python
- Extensive technical experience with SQL on RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL/Postgresql) and Data warehouse schema definitions (Snowflake), data modeling, security and design
- Strong analytical skills with ability to synthesize data to design and deliver meaningful solutions
- Experience implementing Reporting, BI, Visualization and Analytics tools such Power BI / AWS QuickSight / Looker
- High level knowledge of database performance and tuning, troubleshooting and query optimization and tuning
- Familiar with next generation ETL/ELT tools and data consolidation frameworks that enable capabilities within the data ecosystem. Apache Airflow experience is a plus
- Ability to understand business functionality, processes and flows
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Experience with stakeholder management and ownership of data platforms.
Who you are:
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization (infrastructure/development/back office groups).
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you.
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off.
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:46595
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.