Data Engineer (Python / R)
Gartner Digital Markets is an innovative web-focused business that provides demand generation services for the software industry. We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst with a strong technical and analytical background, to help convert our substantial data assets into value-added offerings for our clients and consumers. As a Gartner company, Digital Markets can offer you the benefits of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of a global organization.
What You Will do:
- Build analytics tools utilizing scripting languages to implement machine learning techniques that provide actionable insights, increase operational efficiency/scalability and reduce redundancy.
- Use descriptive and inferential statistics to inform a wide array of insights within the organization.
- Design and develop data platforms including the prototyping, and development of data extract, transformation, cleansing and integration of structured and unstructured data using a wide variety of data sources based on SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years of experience with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Strong hands-on experience with Python/R with a proven ability to execute advanced statistical methodologies required
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms, building and optimizing data models using structured and unstructured data
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, Postgres and Snowflake preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift is preferred
Who you are:
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong communication skills.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, able to work independently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Having high attention to detail and focus on work quality and ownership.
What We Offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39865
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.