Data Analyst - Advanced Analytics
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Data Analyst will connect, cleanse, maintain, report on and analyze data used by the Digital Markets reviews team. Will be responsible for managing the processes associated with data acquisition, data on-boarding and data tracking and reporting within Power BI.
What you will do:
- Create new and maintain existing Power BI dashboards leveraging multiple data sources.
- Write custom SQL queries to answer complex business problems and questions.
- Proficient in Python programming.
- Able to analyze results, interpret and communicate the results and findings to the business. Delivers insights -- objectively deliver insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making, in a timely manner
- Establish strong working partnerships with relevant areas of the business (Email Marketing, Product, and Reviews QA).
- Communicate results, identify successes, failures, trends, and projections. Partnering & Influencing: Summarize performance results and findings, and communicate actionable recommendations to stakeholders.
- Addressing data quality issues, such as data gaps or biases in underlying data sets, as well as their impact on reporting capabilities.
What you’ll need:
- 2- 4 years of analytical work experience in high data volume environments (preferably in internet, software or technology industries).
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Business Experience
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI
- Advanced SQL capabilities (PostgreSQL will be primary use) & Python programming.
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency in using web analytics tools and data analysis, analyzing metrics Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-discipline environment
- Effective collaboration style for both technical and business teams, ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and develop consensus with teams not in a direct report alignment
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
Who you are:
The primary functions are to conduct data analysis to solve for or make recommendations on business issues based on historical data, and to generate reports/dashboards which allow business users to monitor key metrics and performance indicators in a timely manner.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:28693
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.