Product Catalog Specialist
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
The Product Catalog Specialist’s role is a combination of researching, writing, data collection and client management. You will be responsible for assembling and writing short descriptions for various software products, evaluate a prospective vendor’s fitment across many verticals and categories, and help out the new software vendors set up their listings right.
What you’ll do:
- Research, define, and collect features for software products across many different industries.
- Research unique information about software products like target market and pricing information, and re-write the description in non-plagiarized format.
- Ensure timely completion of projects assigned to you.
- Maintain high standards of data quality and product content.
- Clean data collection and maintenance for productivity reports.
- Evaluate a prospective vendor’s ability for fitment on our platform.
- Update vendor login details/descriptions as per the vendor request.
- Exhibit strong service ethic with robust response rate for all inbound communications
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a professional content writer or in a comparable field.
- Excellent written English that can be adapted to a specific audience, subject and delivery medium.
- Able to follow the instructions and specification mentioned in the style guide diligently.
- Basic understanding of software domain, including markets, trends and business drivers – across IT and business domains.
- Able to manage several assignments at once and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and in Google Suite.
Who you are:
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Interest in marketing and technology
- Curious and creative thinkers, with a deep hunger to learn about the various products/software’s in the market and a willingness to ask questions and develop individually and as a team.
- Capable of quickly identifying grammatical and stylistic inconsistencies in English writing.
- Comfortable conducting thorough research quickly on multiple software categories and gathering data from vendor websites.
- Able to pick out the key points from source websites and organize them into a focused, logical description.
- A good communicator – whether you’re providing suggestions/ideas within team or to your US peers.
- Have strong work ethics, hardworking, set high goals for oneself, responds well to stretch roles and does not shy away from taking extra responsibilities.
- Understand what is good for the company and always do the right thing, even when no one on your team is watching.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, offers exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:40749
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.