Business Analytics Senior Specialist
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The Senior Specialist, Business Analytics (RBA) team is part of the Research & Advisory Strategy (R&A) organization. We power fact-based decision making by providing data, insights and analytic tools to continuously improve our business – operationally and strategically. We are growing our team substantially and we are looking for a Senior Specialist, Business Analytics to help us grow our analytics team. This individual will help drive operational and strategic projects for R&A in line with overall corporate objectives. As a part of the RBA team, you will consult with and provide tools for access and analysis to R&A business units globally for corporate-wide data initiatives. The role offers broad exposure to Gartner’s business and is an ideal entry-point for longer term careers within Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Generate meaningful insights by preparing data models that can cater to key metrics tracked by various Research teams.
- Provide data insights, translate and communicate finding with actionable solutions using data visualization tools.
- Maintain business databases, assemble, sort and process business data and perform necessary analyses to produce monthly and quarterly Research Business Analytics reporting. Develop or convert queries related to report production to improve efficiency and accuracy. Automate reports where feasible.
- Track and maintain regular reporting produced by Research Business Analytics. Also take independent responsibility for several monthly and quarterly reports.
- Partner with RBA colleagues to define and develop analytics reporting in support of strategic Research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Experience: 4-6 years of business experience involving handling of data for reporting/analysis/modeling
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Top Tier institute.
- Technical competency: Demonstrated ability to quickly master advanced software tools. Advanced Excel required. Skill with SQL, Power BI, Toad Data Point or VBA. Advanced knowledge of data science tools such as Python/R to conduct predictive/prescriptive analysis
Who you are:
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Sound logic to solve business problems using a structured approach
- The aspiration to constantly learn and improve
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and articulate insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically- distributed teams.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- Inordinate work-life balance
Job Requisition ID:48259
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.