Business Analyst - Advanced Analytics
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development – as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
In Gartner’s Services Advanced analytics team, we innovate the way the service teams help clients receive value enabling smarter decision making by technology leaders who are our clients. This role would entail working through large volumes of data to proactively uncover new ideas, opportunities and strategies on the way we engage clients leading to higher client retention. You will also have opportunities to work on several business initiatives and be empowered to lead problem solving leading to continuous improvement. You will work with senior stakeholders and be the natural extension to their analytical horsepower. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a high-impact advanced analytics team providing a mixed exposure around problem solving, stakeholder management, leadership and people development thereby delivering exceptional business impact defined in terms of client retention and service team productivity.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all advanced analytics related to service organizations covering both strategic and tactical aspects; specialize in advanced analytics and data science projects
- Conduct both directed and proactive analysis on various aspects of the business units supported to help improve client retention, service productivity leveraging both leading and lagging indicators
- Work with senior stakeholders closely to deliver advanced data driven decision making for the business
- Drive innovation to come up with new analytics providing new business ideas and strategies
- The analyses will cover machine learning, advanced statistical concepts like multi-variate analysis, decision trees, random forest, logistic regression, data mining, recommendation systems, user behavior modelling etc. that will have direct impact on client engagement and retention
- Provide intelligence to track progress on several improvement initiatives being run in the organization. Own the success of such initiatives through deep-dives, pilots and large-scale roll outs
What you’ll need:
- Graduation in Engineering, Maths or Statistics from Tier 1 institutes like IIT, NIT, BITS, ISI etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in business analytics and data science
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise – Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following – R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, MS-Access, Power BI
- Deep analytical thinker with experience in deriving business insights from data analytics
- Detail-oriented with high personal standard for quality and accuracy along with a strategic mindset to interpret and bring out the ‘so what’ from data
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; Be a self-starter who can anticipate business needs and fulfill on them in a proactive manner
- Exposure to Leam, Six sigma, process improvement projects would be an added advantage
Who you are:
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as an consultant to the business teams
- You want to grow deep into business analytics and data science field as a long term career while still develop necessary business acumen
- You are passionate about data science as a field and are excited to grow as a business leader specializing in data science
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:30914
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.