Associate Principal Analyst- Software Sourcing (Microsoft Licensing)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Associate Principal, Analyst - Microsoft Licensing India Talent Lab, Gartner Research
Microsoft software and cloud services – Are our clients paying and risking too much? If you are excited about negotiating with this mega vendor and digital landlord, Gartner needs you to research the everchanging world of Microsoft licensing for their software and cloud services
About this role:
This role creates thought leading Microsoft Licensing research to our Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how Microsoft Licensing will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in Software and SaaS negotiations pricing and contracting, with a focus on Microsoft.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how Microsoft Licensing markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within software, SaaS, and cloud licensing as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Create and deliver high-value presentations at our events and in small groups of clients and/or prospects.
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in Microsoft Licensing, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the negotiation and trends in the software and cloud services market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between Microsoft and their resellers.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Ability to engage business stakeholders in strategic procurement.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- 3-6 years work experience in IT / technology procurement, SaaS/ software contract negotiations, vendor management or software asset management.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel (usually no more than 25%), regionally and globally
Who you are:
- Flawless, articulate and succinct communication skills in English- Excellent conversation, presentation and writing skills.
- Ownership & Impact- Accepts personal accountability, takes ownership and perseveres. Embrace feedback.
- Business Acumen- Understand how an organization operates (risks and opportunities) and the drivers of a company's performance.
- Collaboration- Can collaborate productively, build relationships, and move work forward with internal partners and clients.
- Intellectual Agility- Analytical thinker with the ability to process and understand information quickly, diagnose the issue in order to take positions and make actionable intelligent recommendations.
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits
- An upbeat, positive working environment
- Limitless career growth
- World class training & coaching.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:47675
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.