Associate Graphic Designer, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Position Title: Associate Graphic Designer
Department: Gartner R&A Creative
Reports to: Design Manager
About this role:
The Associate Graphic Designer is responsible for influencing the client experience through creation of data visualization, illustration, and layout that best supports and communicates our best practice, insight-driven research. As a member of the in-house design team, the person will work with internal clients to create products of varying length, size, and complexity (e.g., webinars, meeting presentations, reports), ensure the design is representative of company graphic and brand standards, and drive internal partners towards deadlines that meet strategic company goals.
What you’ll do:
• Expert Designer and Brand Guardian
– Enforce consistency of brand standards and work internally with cross-functional teams to stay up to date with changes; have a strong familiarity with look, feel, voice and overall brand presence.
– Create high-end quality work in a fast-pace and process-driven environment, to meet deadlines and client expectations for creativity, quality, and accuracy using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint/Excel—Charts).
– Design graphic solutions to projects.
– Influence the final product by steering clients toward the best design option
– Evangelize the in-house style, guidelines, and templates to internal partners; seek areas of improvement or need based on brand visual identity.
– Maintain a high degree of quality control through self-proofing and adhering to the Gartner style guide.
• Project Management
– Ensure that all projects are completed at the proper time for each phase of the project timeline and provide timely status updates to associates.
– Coordinate client approval and signoff.
– Manage multiple projects simultaneously while weighing the importance of specific jobs and prioritizing accordingly.
– Work with Project Managers to manage and revise project scope documents, timelines, and processes.
– Schedule reviews with managers and art directors to ensure high product output without disruption to timeline.
• Client Service and Communication
– Communicate professionally during stressful situations, resolving problems effectively and positively.
– Passionately serve internal clients, developing and maintaining strong relationships.
– Resolve complex production and project issues with a collaborative, solution-oriented approach.
– Define and agree on deliverables and milestones with internal partners and project managers and; continuously prioritize projects and manage scope requirements and revision cycle.
– Confidently facilitate global communications with internal research teams and design peers to meet business needs.
– Maintain up-to-date awareness of our business environment and what is required to be successful.
• Risk Management
– Foresee issues on projects before they occur and raise risks to appropriate parties.
– Mitigate risk on projects by looping in managers and proactively engaging in problem solving.
• Other Responsibilities
– Work closely with peers to resolve problems effectively and positively.
– Identify and elevate any inefficient department processes to manager.
– Balance design and adherence to admin tasks to ensure high productivity regardless of workflow.
– Participate in meetings and bring your topic of interests/concerns
– Proactively seek and embrace formal and informal feedback, incorporating into everyday work and performance.
– Execute new developments in design software as required.
– Related duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
• College degree in a graphic design or closely-related discipline
• 0-2 years’ experience in a graphic design role
• Portfolio demonstrating excellent design sense with strong typography and publication design skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint/Excel)
• Understanding of standard proofreading marks (Good to have)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to be flexible to project needs; availability to work long days as needed
• Must be flexible to changing conditions and aware of project deadlines independent of manager, peer, and client reminders
• Must exhibit teamwork with internal clients and other members of the creative team, take direction yet make decisions independently
Who you are:
• Exceptional attention to detail, capable of delivering error free content
• Strong communicator (verbal and written)
• Able to perform gracefully under pressure and provide guidance on inflexible and shifting deadlines
• Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
• Organized and multitasker
• Flexible and aware that some deadlines are accomplished after hours or in weekends.
• Independent and thought partner
What we offer:
• In addition to an outstanding work environment with advancement potential, Gartner creative associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• Competitive base salary
• Bonus based on performance
• And staff friendly time off policies
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:47383
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.