Associate (Data Collection Team - L2 India CoE)
About this Role:
L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research.
Data Collection Specialists are tasked with inspecting a broad range of digital assets (e.g. brand websites, social media pages, mobile apps, etc.) as well as cataloging key features, functionality, and content from these assets. By utilizing a collection process that incorporates easy-to-use digital platforms, real-time information sharing and team-oriented quality control mechanisms, our data collectors play a pivotal role in providing the information that powers many of Gartner’s most valuable marketing insights. Data collection requires team members to work independently by inputting data and evidence based on their own observations, as well as collaboratively by actively encouraging communication with other collectors to achieve consensus on more difficult questions. Attention to detail, interpretive precision, investigative persistence, process diligence and information recall are some of the core competencies critical to performing well within the role. Over time, team members will learn how to accurately and expeditiously assess digital brand properties across thousands of legacy and custom data points spanning dozens of retail coverage areas.
This role is full-time and will require approximately 35 hours/week.In addition, the role may occasionally require a modified work schedule in order to facilitate coordination with data collection teams in the US and EU offices.
What you’ll do:
- Investigate and answer questions related to the content and configuration of brand sites
- Record observations, evidence and notes using internal platforms according to specified validation rules
- Flag website bugs, data point errors and usability issues to research leads and/or managers
- Check data for errors and provide colleagues with evidence/feedback on an ongoing basis
- Utilize various information and communication resources to improve data point comprehension and maximize data quality
What you’ll need:
- Graduate/Undergraduate with positive attitude
- 0-1 year of experience in the research industry dealing with data would be a good add-on
- Strong working knowledge of excel tools, including understanding of keyboard shortcuts and techniques such as lookups and pivot tables.
- Eagerness to Learn: Awareness of social media channels and learning about different brands
- Strong communication skills – oral & written.
Who you are:
A successful Data Collection Specialist will have...
- Strong critical thinking skills - the ability to apply a changing set of rules and standards to various research studies, and ask appropriate questions when needed
- Sharp reading comprehension skills - the ability to meticulously read data point language, instructions and guidelines, and to use that information as a reference when working on collection assignments
- Strong investigative skills - specialists need tenacity and patience to thoroughly review digital assets and must develop sharp intuitions about website layouts, design and functionality patterns
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication - team members regularly participate in conversations with researchers and peers in order to make difficult scoring and adjudicative decisions, thus drawing on a collector’s ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Information retention skills - the ability to keep track of extensive informational content and resource materials during collection
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability - self-motivation in completing tasks thoroughly and in a timely and efficient manner will lead to strong performance on the data collection team
- Tech savvy - the ability to seamlessly navigate programsand tools utilized as part of the collection process
- Open-minded approach - capable of receiving and responding well to both peer-based and managerial feedback, and the ability to communicate effectively within a large team
- Impeccable attention to detail - the specificity of data points and high volume of data being collected requires collectors to be meticulous and precise
- An interest in working with data!
- A team player - Get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Problem Solver: Analytical skills and the ability to think independently.
- Quantitative skills - Able to comprehend the requirements, ask right questions, able to play around with data and create presentations out of it
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.From CIOs and senior information technology (IT) leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to supply chain professionals, digital marketing professionals and technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises.Gartner works with clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has almost 9,000 associates, including 1,900 research analysts and consultants, operating in more than 90 countries.
Job Requisition ID:37898
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.