About this role:
The primary function is to perform general accounting/bookkeeping activities which may consists of invoice tracking, payment, & posting journal entries and to perform various procurement buyer duties and special projects.
What you’ll do:
- Receive supplier invoices & expense reports from associates, ensure accuracy & compliances
- Ensure timely entry in Oracle system, entering payments/ importing payment files into the JPM system & payments as per AP pay cycles
- Prioritize workload, organize daily invoices, review them fully, ensure appropriate approvals, identify the issues (if any) and ensure timely payment as per agreed payment terms
- Make recommendations to management regarding policy and procedure changes, additions, and/or deletions.
- Vendor set up upon request from the respective team/BU with the help of legal & support finance team and ensure all requirement in line with global processes are met
- Vendor master data management incl bank account details, contract details, GST, PAN, registration under MSMED (if any) etc. .
- Ensure timely & smooth month end close process
- Ensure vendors & internal clients are satisfied with interaction while maintaining the best interests of Gartner.
- Prepare Balance sheet recs on monthly basis
- Preparation of monthly GST/, WHT, local state taxes etc. and make timely payments incl preparation & filing of QLY/HLY/Annual returns
- Involvement in development of month end timetable to ensure all principal accounting and compliance deadlines are planned and met with full accuracy.
- Support the business and aim for best practice in systems which the business utilize.
- Assistance to internal & external audits including expenses schedule preparation and ensuring all audit requirements are met on timely & will full accuracy.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Commerce Graduate).
- A minimum of 2 plus years’ experience in Accounts Payable incl GST/WHT in a corporate environment
- Accounting knowledge
- PC literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Concur and Oracle accounting packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Hindi
- Willingness to be flexible in carrying out a variety of diverse Corporate Service activities.
- Strong QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Strong ability to collect information from many varied sources and ensure its accuracy
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to understand business processes
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and requirements
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
- Lead activities with support/service groups outside the project team to ensure successful project results
- Leverage personal expertise to develop and present rational conclusions, recommendations and direct implementation strategies/action plans
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:33706
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.