Analyst, Database Engineering
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the Role
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated Database Administrator to join the Gartner Technology Team. This team is responsible for addressing the issues around database management, administration, optimization and add value to our internal business units.
What you’ll do:
- Provision and maintain a stable environment for the operation of the company's business applications using Oracle, Microsoft, and Open Source/Other database technology
- Meet SLAs for Database Systems Uptime & Database Systems Performance
- Facilitates development, implementation, maintenance and continuance of databases within the current infrastructure and on cloud
- Establishes and implements database policies, procedures and standards, and ensures their conformance
- Studies and projects database resource requirements including personnel, software, equipment and facilities, and makes recommendations to management
- Works closely with other members of Application Development and Technical Operations teams to identify and implement continuous improvement, new or enhanced measurement reports and effective problem resolution
- Will be working in a rotational shift and interacting with US based customers.
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 yrs of domain experience
- Understanding of Oracle Architecture- processes and memory structures.
- Understanding of tablespaces and datafiles.
- Understanding of Basic Oracle concepts- checkpoints, redo logs, log switches, archiving.
- Support with L1 Tickets like capacity management- adding datafiles to tablespace, resizing tablespaces.
- Basic RMAN Concepts- physical backups
- Logical backups- exp/imp
- OEM Navigation and ease of use.
- Some scripting language- like perl, python, PL/SQL etc.
- Basic Cloud Computing/AWS/Azure Concepts.
- Basic Unix commands to check memory, CPU Usage, disk space utilization, deletion of files.
- Basic understanding of Open source database- MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Monitoring and responding to alerts.
Who you are:
- Possess strong knowledge of the technical areas.
- Familiar with all IT functions
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the processes, procedures and issues within their area.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of complex issues & demonstrates strong expertise in all the relevant Database Administration tasks.
- Is a key resource in the existing technologies along with other interrelated/adjacent systems and technologies.
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate and acting as a consultant to other professionals in IT
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company. Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technologyrelated insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:35443
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.