Accounts Payable Specialist
About this role:
Manages a variety of systems and processes, in support of Gartner associates and initiatives worldwide. Administers all steps leading up to timely and accurate Global PO and AP, including vendor set up/maintenance/review, invoice entry, Paybox oversight, centralization of invoices, reporting, tax assessment if appropriate, PO requisitioning, matching, and approvals.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for Global AP vendor creation/maintenance, including KYV (Know your Vendor and compliance/risk), tax review/assessments, and invoice processing. Validate invoices through Oracle AP, matching against Purchase Orders, ensuring appropriate support is loaded into Oracle. Provide daily support to associates and vendors. Review vendor Master File for accuracy
- E-Invoicing tool for both vendor and vendor invoicing
- Work to centralize both vendor and invoicing into SSC (Shared Service Center)
- Global timeliness and accuracy of vendor creation, vendor/employee/candidate reimbursements and tax treatment of same. Understanding and knowledge of process, rules and impact of responsibilities to the organization is expected
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with both enterprise wide associates and external vendors;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Gartner global associates that process invoices, external vendors, global finance teams
What you’ll need:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience..
- 2-4 years of experience working in a Global PO and APs, accounting or similar business function. Familiarity with basic accounting procedures or ERP systems. Knowledge of and experience with industry-standard Procure to Pay best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Oracle system knowledge a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
- Effective listening skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner;
Who you are:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail; Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills; Strong team player;
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, you will be part of a team that is extremely collaborative and creative. Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- Great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:41680
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.