VP, Program Director
About this role:
The Research Board (RB) is Gartner’s dedicated service for the senior-most technology and digital leaders from the largest and most complex end-user IT organizations globally. The RB is the only global peer advisory research service that supports the mission-critical priorities of these senior leaders through a combination of shared community insight (members learning from each other’s experiences) and thought leadership from the Gartner analyst community, as well as through external connections from our extended ecosystem of vendor, academic, and investor relationships.
As the VP, Program Director in DACH, you will be responsible for representing and enhancing the reputation and brand of the most highly regarded information technology executive forum in the world. You will support current members in the region and own the evolution and growth of the DACH RB community, collaborating closely with Gartner DACH and the global Research Board delivery organization. We are seeking someone who demonstrates both a high degree of personal ownership and a proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally to serve the top technology and digital strategy executives in the largest organizations in this region.
- Act as a general manager to own all elements of the Research Board’s success in the DACH region.
- Build strong relationships with the Gartner Sales and Research Board teams, serving as the liaison between those teams.
- Develop strategies to grow and retain Research Board membership across the whole of the DACH region.
- Develop and maintain a strong presence and network as a leader in the geographic technology community.
- Meet financial targets for new member acquisition, member retention, and overall board performance.
- Growth – Drive double-digit growth annually
- Develop and close new business with existing and prospective RB member companies.
- Working with Gartner sales and the Research Board team, develop and manage the RB sales pipeline, including helping qualify prospects and ensuring high-quality growth of the network.
- Conduct Proofs-of-concept (sales meetings) for prospects, and anything else required to close new business.
- Service Delivery – Drive high engagement and renewals
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to CIO’s in the region.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of member companies’ businesses and corporate objectives, and link those objectives to individual members’ mission critical priorities.
- Collaborate closely with regional and global Research Board teams to support members’ mission critical priorities to drive high value and high retention.
- Oversee the renewal process across Research Board programs in close collaboration with the Gartner sales team.
- Effectively manage decision-maker transitions, i.e. membership changes.
- Plan and chair member meetings within the DACH region and (as needed) across the wider EMEA Research Board member community.
- Collaborate extensively with the Research team on topic and report development; contribute to research content drawing on industry experience and knowledge of the membership.
- Previous senior experience in both growth and service delivery to C-level executives in DACH, preferably in a consulting practice lead or P&L-bearing role.
- An in-depth knowledge of the technology industry and enterprise technology organizations.
- Leadership, presence and ability to chair board-type meetings of CXO level executives from $10B-plus sized companies.
- Ability to build and sustain executive relationships as a trusted business advisor, including presenting CEO and Board-level content.
- Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals.
- Ability to define and execute growth and retention plans that deliver tangible results.
- Comprehensive understanding of sales process & ability to execute consistently.
- Self-driven and growth oriented mindset, able to deliver high productivity.
- World-class large-company executive-level verbal, written, and in-person facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess client situations and to provide thoughtful and meaningful support leveraging the Research Board member network and bespoke research, as well as Gartner research and a broad external ecosystem.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience, BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and German essential; French would also be a distinct advantage.
Job Requisition ID:28760
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.