Variable Compensation Analyst
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
Provide support in the administration of the worldwide Sales, Client Partner Group, Consulting, Event and Specialist Compensation Plans.
What you’ll do:
- Member of one of four sub-departments (Service, Design, Payment/Calculations, Quota)
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the transaction to payment process
- Produce Ad-hoc analyses for various business partners and internal clients
- Conduct worldwide sales support through education and training
- Perform recurring compensation plan design and documentation
- Administer initial and ongoing quota setting for a global sales force
- Communicate and coordinate between multiple financial, sales and operational departments
- Complete recurring & ad hoc manual tasks for processes not systematically automated
- Interact with Sales associates to explain and assist in the understanding of sales performance, commission calculations, quota assignment, and reporting
- Review monthly commission payments, confirm commission calculations by reconciling data to source systems, and sign-off on payment integrity
- Maintain commission system by performing a variety of data inputs and ensuring the accuracy of processes by analyzing data outputs
- Understand multiple internal areas of business (Sales, Finance, Territories, etc) to research, analyze, and resolve potential issues
- Perform validation and data quality checks on both data imports and exports
- Identify and research inconsistencies to determine root causes and offer proposals for remediation
- Suggest, implement and test system enhancements as needed
- Prepare recurring formal and ad hoc reporting for Sales and Management
- Coordinate and complete additional projects as requested
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, Business Management
- 3-5 years business experience with the ability to design and build moderately complex business/analytical models and possesses the ability to effectively communicate analyses and/or recommendations with senior stake holders
- Excellent excel skills
- Ease with technology
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and individual contributor environment
- Unwavering professionalism and executive presence
- Professional writing/communication excellence
- Innate problem-solving ability, digging deep, persevering, overcoming obstacles to solutions/analysis
- Ability to efficiently gather data, perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and succinctly communicate analyses in a language understood by business leaders across multiple disciplines within an organization
- Ability to self-prioritize responsibilities, possibly by end goal, result, and manage to completion
- Takes complete ownership in areas of key responsibilities and has a strong desire to be the subject matter expert of your domain
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal strengths
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:34760
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.