Sr Financial Reporting Analyst - SEC
Sr. Analyst, SEC Reporting
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
What you’ll do:
- Compile SEC filings including Form 10-Q and Form 10K.
Implement FASB accounting rules.
- Implement global accounting policies and SOX practices.
Advise on non-routine and significant transactions.
Create various documentation to support Gartner/SEC/GAAP/SOX requirements.
Support audit process with external auditors.
- Remain current on technical accounting pronouncements.
Participate in special projects and other initiatives as assigned.
- Make recommendations on complex issues regarding project components and tasks
- Makes decisions on own work with moderate complexity and solves operational problems
- Recommends potential opportunities for new or improved processes, tools, services & techniques within the function.
- Works on problems with some diverse scope, ranging in complexity
- Uses judgment to conduct analysis of varying factors to find solutions
What you’ll need:.
- BA /BS degree in Accounting.
- MBA or studying for MBA preferred.
- CPA or studying for exam.
- 3-6 years’ total experience.
- Prefer at least 2 years public accounting and 2 years industry experience.
- Strong background with SEC filings (10K, 10Q) and internal controls/GAAP practices/protocols.
- Experience with SEC reporting tools such as WebFilings.
- Good technical accounting skills.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Leads by example and embodies Gartner’s values.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:33222
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.